Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blogologues: Task 6

    The production role that I have for this piece of work is a director. There are many jobs that are related to my production role. A director is needed in businesses, theatrical productions, agencies and even hospitals. Directors are extremely important because they plan the whole thing and they are supposed to keep people on the right path. They fix the goal, which they want, people to work towards and achieve. They have to have everything planned afore hand in order to carry out the goal. Directors are extremely important in theatrical companies. The director’s task is to ensure that all aspects of the production are in line with each other in order to accomplish the goal of the production.
 There are many responsibilities as a director and they are very important in order to make the production possible. Communication, organizational and collaboration skills are vital in this production. The director cannot do all the tasks on their own therefore they need to thoroughly explain what their ensembles need to do in order to create the production effectively.
The director needs organizational skills in order to plan everything ahead and explain what their ensembles need to do. They need to properly collaborate with their ensembles and get their feedback as well in making the production. The director must remember that this is a group work and not only done by one person. Some of the learner profile attributes that the director must possess are communication, open-mindedness and thinkers. My role as director is important in the overall success of the group’s performance since I have to lead the group. In order for a successful performance the group must work together and listen to each other’s feedback and form the production as a whole.
 I think I’m quite well equipped for this role since I have good organizational skills. I need to work on my communication and collaboration skills better since I have a tendency to be bossy with my ensembles. In order to do so, I need to trust my group members and form a mutual agreement while doing work. These are the things, which I need to practice on in order to make my production role better.
Initial ideas and goals:
-       Pick out the blogs and transition elements
-       Print out the blogs and transition elements
-       Start acting out lines and staging
-       Fix the props
-       Rehearse
-       Perform



No comments:

Post a Comment